Volunteers needed for CDPCBO Mentoring Pilot Program!
Have you been considering certification through CDPCBO? Would you find it helpful to have a mentor to guide you through the process? Are you certified through CDPCBO? Would you like to mentor an applicant to share your experience, build your LinkedIn profile and résumé, and gain valuable recertification points at the same time?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, the CDPCBO is launching a 6-month Mentoring Pilot Program commencing July 1. We are accepting up to 5 mentors and mentees to participate in a trial run of the program. Mentors will provide support to applicants who are actively working on applications. This pilot will run during the period that the summer special is available—there will never be a better time to get certified!
You are eligible to volunteer as a mentee if you are:
- Eligible to pursue certification at the present time.
- Committed to completing and submitting an application within 6 months (by December 2019).
- Willing to prepare a brief written outline for when components of the application will be completed (with deadlines).
- Commit to regular “meetings” (phone, Skype, etc.) with a mentor to provide updates on progress.
You are eligible to volunteer as a mentor if you are:
- Currently certified through CDPCBO.
- Prepared to make a 6-month commitment.
- Willing to provide a brief written outline of contacts (date and topic of discussion) upon submitting a recertification application.
Recommended guidelines for frequency of contact and an outline of roles for mentors and mentees will be provided. Record of contact frequency must be submitted with recertification application to gain points for recertification.
Interested? Want more information? Want to volunteer? Please e-mail Diane Moore at email@example.com